Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Christa's Graduation

(Welcome to the Cousin's Blog Off Thursday in which Melanie and I each tackle a specific idea or theme. This week's topic is 'shiny')













This is my daughter Christa upon receiving a Masters Degree in Life Science from Nova Southeastern University.

I think of all the transitions we go through in life, graduation is the most ennobling. It is a time of great wonder, and also, some well deserved relief. Graduation represents not only the culmination of our desire and dedication, but the direction of our aspiration. It is also a great threshold, when we are recognized by society as having mastered such detail as necessary to be what we have chosen to become. The time when we most figuratively come of age.

In Christa's case, she will become an Anesthesiologist's Assistant, which means that she'll be on the front line in the operating room, not only sedating the patient, but functioning as the last line of defense in case something goes wrong.

I am so very proud of her! Shine on Christa!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an accomplishment for her. You must be so proud!

I remember when I earned my first degree how happy and proud I felt. It took me a while to find my dream job, but now I have been there for two and a half weeks, and after today's staff meeting and a kind word from my boss, I thought to myself, I have arrived.

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you, Larry. Congratulations to Christa! *C*

arighter2 said...

i think it's great about your new job, Joan!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!